Wednesday, December 2, 2015

SHORT & SHIVERY Volume 1

I forget which thrift store I got this in ages ago. I put some books away today and ended up getting this out and rereading it. It's a collection of 45 short spooky tales with some awesome illustrations. I recommend it because I read a lot of these stories and there are several in here I've never read before. The Native American, Chinese and Japanese ones are my favorites. I really liked "The Cegua," which I've never heard before and one of my old faves "Tailypo" is included. There's also a story about Nuckelavee, who's one of my favorite monsters ever. (Definitely not a creature ever getting an MH doll of its kid.)

(ETA: Holy crap, there are three more of these books! And another series called "Dare to Be Scared" with four books. I just bought them all on Abebooks. Yeeha!)

By the way, this is Nuckelavee as I first saw him, via Monster in My Pocket (yes, I have the toy of him and yes, they typoed):

No comments: