Tuesday, December 1, 2015

ONCE UPON A TIME SERIES: Water Song

TITLE: Water Song
TALE: The Princess and the Frog
AUTHOR: Suzanne Weyn
ALSO BY AUTHOR: The Night Dance, The Crimson Thread, The Diamond Secret

I thought when I posted earlier that this book was more interesting than I remembered, but then I felt it went on too long and got boring. Honestly, I don't think the book goes on and on like others in this series do. It's just that I don't find World War I to be a particularly interesting setting. It is a rather unique setting for a fairy tale retelling, I'll give it that. And I find it amusing that the "frog" is from New Orleans, predating the more well-known retelling of this tale with that connection. I would definitely recommend reading it, especially for those that enjoy that time period.

No comments: