Wednesday, December 9, 2015

CHARLIE HIGSON: The Fear (The Enemy Series #3)

I finished this Monday night, hoping to get 4-6 at the library on Tuesday, but only 6 was there. The online catalog says 4 and 5 are checked in, but they're not on the shelf, and I can't get my log in to work correctly, so I can't put them on hold and have someone who works there find them for me. I checked out a bunch of other stuff, so when I take it back, I'll try again.

Honestly, I could use a little break, so it's probably for the best.

The Fear is yet another prequel. This is the oddest series ever. I don't think I've ever read anything else where the first book was set in the present and the second and third both take place before that. The Dead (#2) is the earliest, followed by The Fear (#3). The events of The Fear take place right before The Enemy (#1), so I hope the fourth book finally gets us back to the present action.

I liked this one a bit more than The Dead, but not nearly as much as The Enemy. It gives a lot of background info so things in The Enemy are more fleshed out, but man, really do not get attached to anyone in this series. Seriously. Dude. I know I talk about these really vaguely, but this series is quite good and I don't want to spoil anything. You need to go read them if you're into this genre.

No comments: