Friday, December 4, 2015

LIZ KESSLER: Philippa 1

I picked this up in a thrift store, because it looked cute, and it really was. It's got a very unique view of how the world works and what things are fairy godmothers. I always appreciate books that bring new ideas to the fantasy table and this sure does.

Basically, it's like what would happen if you (an 11-year-old girl) had a fairy godmother? But she was your age and a mean girl. Both main characters are a bit exasperating at times. Philippa's meekness gets old and Daisy's overblown bitchiness. Things work out in the end, of course, but it's a fun read to see how they end up that way.

It's written in the split chapter style, half Philippa's PoV and half Daisy's, which works quite well for this book.

I enjoyed it enough to pick up a couple of the author's Emily Windsnap mermaid series on ebay and I'll likely get all the books in both series. Not sure if I'll review them all here, since they're pretty basic, but I'm definitely going to read them all.

No comments: