Wednesday, December 2, 2015

GODDESS GIRLS 17

This is a two PoV-style book, switching between Poseidon and Amphitrite. I'm glad they got into Poseidon's head a bit, because he's one of the least likeable boys and at least we can understand where he's coming from more now. Amphitrite is a sweetheart, although she suddenly learns to transform a little too quickly for me. I don't get why they made her unable to do it at the beginning. Just make her less skilled on legs than Thetis. That would have served the same purpose and been more believable than her suddenly being able to do it when she really needs to.

The merworld is interesting and I liked Amphitrite's reveal for Poseidon at the end.

Some of the characters from The Girl Games reappear. I was pleased to see Isis and the Chinese girls again, although I still really want my questions from Aphrodite the Diva answered. I want to know what was up with "Hathor!"

The majority of the book is an action-packed contest and I don't want to give away too many spoilers. I quite enjoyed this one, because you get to see so many characters. So definitely pick it up if you like the series.

(ETA: I realize now looking at this that I never address what I brought up way back in Medusa's first book with the first appearance of Amphitrite where she was a lot younger. That was one of her little sisters. It's explained in this book that when you have 50 kids, you just repeat names. It's not the best save ever, but in the context of this silly series, it works.) 

No comments: