Tuesday, December 1, 2015

ONCE UPON A TIME SERIES: Beauty Sleep



TITLE: Beauty Sleep
TALE: Sleeping Beauty
AUTHOR: Cameron Dokey
ALSO BY AUTHOR: The Storyteller's Daughter, Sunlight and Shadow, Golden, Before Midnight, Belle, Wild Orchid, Winter's Child

I think this was one of the earliest books in the series that I read. I seem to recall liking Storyteller's Daughter and Snow the best, but honestly after rereading this, I should have chosen this one over Storyteller. I think I was smitten with that book because it wasn't your typical fairy tale.

Beauty Sleep is quite simply superb. I do not have a single criticism. I don't even want to give it a review of any detailed kind because I'm not sure my comments could do its awesomeness justice.

If you're going to read this series, do not skip over this book. In fact, it would be an excellent one to start with.

(ETA: Okay, some of these reviews I'm copying from my old reviewing days are pretty short. Eh. Some of the ones I'll be doing brand new will be, too. Sometimes a few words are enough, you know?)

No comments: