Tuesday, September 6, 2016

STAR DARLINGS Stellar Style and Wish-a-Day Diary

I was hoping for some new lovely art in Stellar Style, but overall, I was very disappointed. First, the only non-band SD you'll see in the entire thing is that rather unattractive pic of Cassie on the cover. Second, there are only a couple new art pieces. The five band girls get profile pages with some new looks, including sleepwear. The art is cute, but it the same pose repeated, just wearing different clothes each time.

Stellar Style would be a good book for the more crafty or hairstyle-focused target market, but otherwise, skip it.





Wish-a-Day Diary though is fantastic! The art is mostly just designs, but the gorgeous colors and intricate flowery details make for very lovely pages. Each of the girls has an illustration that's repeated off an on throughout the book. Libby, Scarlet, Piper, Astra, Leona and Vega all have new ones. The others I think we've seen before. Maybe not Cassie's but she's with Itty, so those pics of her kinda all look the same to me. There's a lovely pic of Piper writing in her Wishworld journal on the back cover.

The book begins with a great Piper-centric short story that was longer than I expected. Then there are 365 pages with inspirational comments, writing-provoking questions, etc., a lot of which tie in to whichever SD the page is themed by. I would have loved writing in this when I was younger, although maybe not, because I wouldn't have wanted to mar the pretty pages!

I definitely recommend this one for all fans, especially if you're writing-inclined like me.

No comments: