Friday, June 2, 2023

Grim Horizons


After finishing Head Like a Hole, I wanted to try the author's other books. First, I ordered this short story collection. 

I'm gonna give it an "it was okay." 

Most of the stories were just okay, nothing special. There was only one I actively disliked. The novella that's the second story in the book was one of the best pieces. It dragged a bit in places, but I liked the format and the idea behind it. I wasn't sure if I was going to keep the book or put it on Paperback Swap, but it was the final story that convinced me to keep it. I liked that one quite a lot. 

I wouldn't necessarily say this one was worth reading, but if you liked Head Like a Hole, then maybe. I feel like he's developed as an author and these stories kinda show that. None of them are even close to Head Like a Hole, so I'm glad that he's improved over time. 

No comments: