Thursday, June 22, 2023

Disney's Twisted Tales: Part of Your World Graphic Novel

A Twisted Tale turns to the world of graphic novels and they picked one of the best to begin with. This is the story of Queen Ariel of Atlantica, set five years after the events of the movie, only in this version, Ursula won. 

This is one of my favorite books in the series and this adaptation did it epic justice. Mostly. The art is splendid. The gist of the story is there. My main disappointment is that Jona the seagull barely had a role, and they eliminated Argent and Vareet entirely. 

I hope to see them tackle more from A Twisted Tale in this style. I know they're doing Valentino's Villain series as graphic novels, but I got enough of that in the books, so I haven't bought any. Especially because one is Cruella and I HATE that book. 

If you're a Little Mermaid fan, I recommend picking this up. Ariel and the Curse of the Sea Witches is another good one. I never reviewed it, but it's set after the movie. All of these prove that I really only dislike Ariel as a character within the confines of her own movie. Every other thing I've read that takes place before or after or in a twisted version, I've really liked her. 


No comments: