Sunday, December 9, 2018

Slasher Girls & Monster Boys

I read a list online of suggested books for fans of Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark and this was on it. I remember almost buying it in Booksamillion months ago, but I put it back in favor of a plush Niffler. But seeing it on that list made me order it and a few others that were suggested.

I'm not going to go too into detail, but this is a YA anthology of horror thrillers. Each was inspired by movies, TV shows, even songs and those inspirations are printed upsidedown at the end of each tale. There wasn't a single story I fully disliked, although don't expect a lot of happy endings. I do love a good revenge tale, so those were mostly my favorites, but my #1 was "Hide-and-Seek," which used "The Crow" as one of its inspirations.

If you loved 90s YA horror thrillers, you'll like these stories. They take things up a notch, I think. Even if you prefer straight-up adult horror, I think you'll enjoy these.

No comments: