Friday, September 1, 2023

Anne


What if Anne Shirley lived in modern times and liked Diana instead of Gilbert?

I loved how this was done. Every bit of it is sheer gold. 

Matthew was my favorite. I loved updated Matthew. Marilla was pretty cool, too. 

Anne has been in fifteen foster homes and is picked up by Matthew, despite he and Marilla actually wanting a younger child. Anne has already charmed Matthew and she's quickly working her magic on Marilla, too. 

The Cuthberts live in the Avon-Lea apartment building, also home to Rachel Lynde, the Barrys, Ruby Gillis, and Josie Pye. 

I just love this to pieces. I can't even find words to praise it properly, as you know frequently happens when I really love something. I'm going to have to check out the same author's adaptation of Little Women. (Called Jo, of course. It's always Jo. But this time, she's gay.) 

No comments: