Sunday, March 2, 2008

Ah, Riverhurst

Quick introduction time! I'm Lori, 29, a Museum Studies grad student at NYU. I've been a voracious reader ever since I learned how and I was the perfect age for the vast number of series books that came out in my childhood. I believe I started with the Baby-sitters Club, but quickly branched out into tons of other series. My favorite of these was the Sleepover Friends. Unlike a lot of other series, I owned every Sleepover Friends book that came out and was extremely upset when they stopped making them.

So this blog is dedicated to Lauren, Patti, Stephanie and Kate. After discussing the entire SF series, I will move on to others, but the Sleepover Friends are the reason behind this blog, no matter what I end up talking about later on. (And I think Junior High will be the next series up.)

Like other blogs, each entry will be a summary/critique of a single book from the series. I'm going to go in numerical order, because I'm anal like that. I wish I could start now, but my collection is at home. I'll be bringing it back with me after spring break. Also, as a grad student, I won't have any set schedule to my posting. It'll be whenever I can fit a review in. Hopefully, I'm going to be in this same apartment, doing the same job I have now over summer, so I'll have tons of free time then.

I think that's all that needs to be said at the moment. I'll be back later in the month with Patti's Luck.

No comments: